4.7.10

Winter Festival '10

It was the last day of Sydney Winter Festival at St Mary's today. It's moving to Bondi for a few weeks then it's off, down to Melbourne. It's great fun- skating, mulled wine, festival food from funny little stands. It's one of a couple of ice-skating rinks in Sydney over winter; another good one is at Carriage Works.

I cycled into the city to meet some family and go skating with my little cousin. It's the furthest I've cycled so far, generally I head in the opposite direction to the city, but it was stress free and fun. Once the Union st cycleway is finished it'll be a breeze, a super safe and fast corridor from the innerwest into the CBD (good work, Clover Moore :) ). We skated at dusk in the open air at the beautiful St Mary's Cathedral, it was crowded, but lovely.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I locked up on the street outside, and while we were skating an ice-cream van turned up and parked next to my bike. My mum had my camera and the foresight to take a pic for me, thanks! I love the colours... such a pretty ice-cream van...

Photobucket

Unfortunately it had moved down the street by the time we were finished, but that didn't stop me posing for some pictures with my bike.

Photobucket

Photobucket

j.xoxo

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi,
If you can make it down to the carriageworks Winterland festival tonight (Friday) or all day Saturday make sure you drop by and say hi as Rocket Fuel Sydney's very own purveyor of bespoke vintage cycling style will be there http://www.rocketfuel.net.au/ come by and say Hello, we love to meet stylish cyclists.